VIDEO: Reimagining America
This fourth of July, WATCH this powerful event — Valarie Kaur in conversation with Van Jones and Chris Jackson on reimagining America.
Tens of thousands of you tuned into our virtual event that celebrated the launch of Valarie Kaur’s debut book See No Stranger! It was a stunning, powerful and moving evening with Van Jones, and Chris Jackson on how to reimagine and remake America.
This fourth of July, as we reflect on the long labor for justice in America, we invite you to watch (or re-watch) this event.
Then, after the long weekend, join us as we begin our virtual book clubs! They book clubs will run for 10 weeks. Hosted by Dream Corps, these book clubs are a place to find community, read together, learn together, and grow together in the practices of revolutionary love. This is the last call to sign-up – we begin next week!
Revolutions do not only happen in big grand public moments, but in the spaces where people come together to practice a new way of being. Join us as we seed pockets of revolutionary love!
In love and solidarity,
The Revolutionary Love Team
“America needs to reconcile with itself and do the work of apology: To say to indigenous, black, and brown people, we take full ownership for what we did. To say, we owe you everything. To say, we see how harm runs through generations. To say, we own this legacy and will not harm you again. To promise the non-repetition of harm would require nothing less than transitioning the nation as a whole. It would mean retiring the old narrative about who we are—a city on a hill—and embracing a new narrative of an America longing to be born, a nation whose promise lies in the future, a nation we can only realize by doing the labor: reckoning with the past, reconciling with ourselves, restructuring our institutions, and letting those who have been most harmed be the ones to lead us through the transition.”
– Valarie Kaur, See No Stranger: A Memoir & Manifesto of Revolutionary Love
A few clips from our latest event:
To everyone who is waking up right now…
Revolutionary Love can be our North Star…
- Look at all the Confederate Monuments toppling down across the country—a result of #revolutionarylove in action and evidence of a reckoning with our history.
- Listen to brother Otis Moss, III, transformative storytelling and soulful vision for our nation on Meditative Story’s podcast.
- You want a Confederate Monument? My body is a Confederate Monument. Hold these powerful words in your body and bones.
- Read this historical account of the Black queer movement and witness their endless effort to fight hate and the whitewashing of queer history.
- What’s your revolutionary love language? Check out these brilliant shortlists for how you can make the greatest impact right now.
- Confront the whitewashing of the U.S. Join or contribute to support the march Honoring Black and Indigenous Activists happening this weekend in Brooklyn, NY.
- Demand #JusticeforLakhwant, a Sikh store owner attacked by a customer who told him to “go back to your country.”
- We won’t wait another 10 years. Join the #BeCounted campaign and complete your Census today.
- Fight for our Muslim and Black siblings separated from their families. Sign the petition to demand Congress sign the #NOBANAct.
- Urge lawmakers to enact comprehensive LGBTQ nondiscrimination protections. Sign the petition.
Artwork courtesy of the March to Honor Black and Indigenous Activists.