GOTV with Revolutionary Love!
If you watch one thing this election season, let it be this impassioned call from our founder Valarie Kaur to keep breathing & pushing towards November 3rd.
Election day in the U.S. is less than three weeks away. This election will determine our collective future. It comes amidst a global pandemic and widespread voter suppression that make navigating the voting process hard.
Are you voting by #MaskorMail? We’ve partnered with our friends at Harness to bring you everything you need this election.
When you Squad Up you’ll receive tools and tips on how to engage friends and family to get out the vote. We all have a role to play to help ensure all of our voices are heard in this election.
And if you are planning on voting by mail, this week is crucial in the timeline to cast your ballot! Request your ballot if you’re not voting from home this year and track your ballot at ByMaskorMail.org. Share your voting plan with us on social media using the hashtag #MaskorMail.
At a time when it’s this dark, when the fires are this bright, when the future is this uncertain, each of us can summon the ancestor we need at our back. We can be brave with our grief and harness our rage into the action necessary to midwife our nation in this time of transition. We can hear the words of beloved Justice Ginsburg in our ears, urging us to fight for the things we care about in a way that will lead others to join us. We can call upon the sage wisdom of the man who labored for justice his entire life, Rep. John Lewis: “This is not the struggle of a day, a week, a month, or a year, rather it is the struggle of a lifetime,” and we shouldn’t be afraid to “make some noise and get in good, necessary trouble.”
We will show up for our democracy. We will continue to breathe and push after each vote is counted, no matter what happens. Because together we can move beyond resistance to reimagine the world.In love and solidarity,
The Revolutionary Love Team
P.S. Scroll down for more ways to breathe and push this election season
- WATCH this call to vote from 17 prophetic leaders, including Sister Simone Campbell, Rabbi Sharon Brous, Rev. Jacqui Lewis, angel Kyodo Williams, and our own Valarie Kaur.
- LISTEN TO THIS SONG TO PROTECT YOUR JOY and SUPPORT the Poor People’s Campaign by purchasing this download, Our Words Will Be Louder, by HuDost.
- REMEMBER in the dark times that joy returns us to everything good and beautiful and worth fighting for.
- MARCH with our sisters with the Women’s March THIS SATURDAY, October 17th at the #CountOnUs National March in D.C. If you can’t make it to DC, find one near you or SIGN UP to host your own sister march where you live. There are over 400 marches planned in all 50 states. (All coronavirus precautions will be taken.)
- TRAIN to be a poll monitor with the Poor People’s Campaign. Protect the vote in one of 10 crucial states and learn more about their Voter Unleashed program, including phone banking opportunities.
- TOOLKIT for FAITH LEADERS. Engage your congregations and communities in the voting process with this toolkit from Faith in Public Life.
‘Vote Early’ artwork created by @leigh.corbett for @culturestrike on Instagram