You, Me and Van Jones
We are amid a national and global uprising for black lives the world has never seen. Millions of us are flooding the streets, risking our lives, to call for justice since George Floyd’s public lynching. Millions more are rising up in solidarity. As this movement builds, how do we move from resistance to reimagining America?
It will be a special event. We will explore how we can use the tools of revolutionary love to remake America. My book SEE NO STRANGER: A Memoir and Manifesto of Revolutionary Love comes out on Tuesday, June 16th! Van is joining me in this big kick-off to launch the book into the world, hosted by Dream Corps and One World, Random House. If you haven’t pre-ordered the book yet, order here.
This is an unprecedented moment: Minneapolis is dismantling its police department. Los Angeles and other cities are moving money from policing into black and brown communities. New legislation is on the table to end police misconduct. Racism has been declared a public health crisis. This revolution was made possible by movement leaders who have been in the labor for decades — now joined by newly inaugurated activists.
What happens next? How do we reimagine policing, prisons, and public safety in America? Join us as we reimagine a society where we see no stranger.
Grateful to be in this labor with you,
P.S. In FOUR DAYS my book will finally be out. I can’t wait for June 16th! Stay tuned for how to #seenostranger with us all next week. Pre-order your copy HERE.
You are invited to our Virtual Gathering on Thursday, June 18th.
In conversation with special guest, Van Jones, Valarie will orient us to the historical moment, read an excerpt from her book, and host a live Q&A. We encourage you to pre-order SEE NO STRANGER: A Memoir and Manifesto of Revolutionary Love, out June 16th!
All are welcome.
Watch Valarie’s powerful national eulogy for George, Skylar, and all we have lost to COVID-19 and police violence. She delivered this on Sunday at the National Eulogy and Interfaith Service of Mourning, hosted by Rev. William Barber II and The Poor People’s Campaign.
- Watch this town hall on policing and learn how a community can transform a police department.
- Dismantle white supremacy: required reading for antiracism work.
- Listen to Valarie Kaur’s extraordinary conversation with Parker Palmer and Carrie Newcomer on The Growing Edge podcast.
- Read how Sikhs across the nation are feeding protestors.
- Remember how your hands can midwife a new world.
- Join Valarie Kaur for a special Instagram and Facebook LIVE Monday, June 15 at 1PM PT.
- Put 50 million masks into the hands of vulnerable communities. Support Until We Do It campaign.
- Invest in Black communities. Support The Movement for Black Lives demands and actions.
- Equip yourselves, white accomplices, watch this FB LIVE with Showing Up for Racial Justice.
- Protest, then vote. Elect local officials ready to reform the criminal justice system: support Color of Change initiatives.
The Revolutionary Love Project envisions a world where love is a public ethic and shared practice in our lives and politics. We generate stories, tools, and thought leadership to equip people to practice the ethic of love in the fight for social justice.